Do you want to hack and slash down some zombies? Or say go on an Axe Murdering spree and kill other survivors? The choice is up to you! Many people have a hard time using the Hatchet an We here at Dayzguides.com want you to know the correct way to How To Use The Hatchet, Or Become A Frenzied Axe Murderer!
Many players tend to treat the hatchet as a melee weapon, and expect it to work like one. This usually results in the player flailing wildly and not hitting anything, good one. Usually followed up with complaining, or saying that the hatchet isn’t working, or is glitched out.
Keep this in mind. The Hatchet is NOT a melee weapon, Arma II doesn’t have any melee weapons, because of this Rocket had to improvise!
The Hatchet is just a short range gun with a new skin and animation. It also has unlimited ammo!
The Hatchet because of It’s unlimited ammo makes it a great survival tool!
How To Use The Hatchet, Or Become A Frenzied Axe Murderer!
Now that we have that outta the way, lets get to some key points:
- You HAVE to have the cross hairs on your target to hit. Its not a slashing weapon remember, its a shooting weapon. This is what most players complain about when trying to focus on a target.
- The Hatchet has a longer distance than you would think. Be sure to experiment and practice with it to see how far away you can get and still have it work.
- Be sure to Reload! (I know weird, but remember the game mechanics have it as a gun!)
- It grants an Instant kill on zombies, and will initiate a hitting sound when you land a successful stab. Never assume they are dead until the loot icon appears. But if you hear the noise chances are it’s dead, well for good this time.
- Going up against other survivors that have guns would probably be a bad idea. Unless you have ninja like stealth abilities, or can bait them in close
- Fighting other players that have axes is not only fun, but challenging. Be sure to use “hit and run” tactics. And wait for them to miss before striking, because you will have time to move in and out before their animation finishes!
Out of ammo? That’s ok, it’s hatchet time!
Hopefully this guide sorted some things out for using the Hatchet in DayZ! Happy hunting, and remember to Stay Alive!